The Musically Minded Academy administration is primarily made up of volunteers. The volunteer staff works together to allow us to fulfill our mission to “build community through performance based music education”. We are extremely grateful to those who have joined our team!
We at Musically Minded aim to foster a life-long devotion to music and the joy that it can bring to the hearts of our students, both young and old. We have many volunteer positions that people may contribute their time and energy too:
- Camp counselling
- Assistant Teaching
- Salesforce administrators and developers
- WordPress content managers and developers
- Board Positions
- Marketing and Advertising
- Photography and Video
- Community Engagement
- Organizational Structure
- Strategic Planning
MUSIC ACADEMY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Musically Minded Academy harnesses the spirit of music through carefully designed programs developed to enhance the potential and imagination of every student. Our mission is to build community through performance based music education and we aim to make our music programs available to people in all stages of life. Over the last 25+ years we have:
- Educated thousands of students in multiple genres of music in private lessons, workshops, ensembles, classes, and camps.
- Presented over 75 hours of student performances open for free to the public.
- Connected our community through performances in local street fairs and our sponsorship of the Rockridge District Association: Art & Soul, Rockridge Out & About, Rockridge Stroll.
- Provided a collaborative teaching environment connecting over 50 music teachers specializing in different genres, with a wide range expertise to connect and inspire one another to grow.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE VENUE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Musically Minded Academy features monthly student concerts as well as world-class professional musicians featuring multiple genres, world music, classical music, jazz, and contemporary concerts.
- Presented, In the Moment at Musically Minded Academy, under the artistic direction of Jim Bennett and in partnership with KCSM, and Jazz in the Neighborbood’s Guaranteed Wage Fund. This series also presented over 25 concerts featuring local professional musicians and every concert was recorded and broadcast on KCSM, as well as stations in Chicago and 22 stations in Europe.
- Created the Featured Artists Concert Series, Featured under the direction of Joey Brite who presented many of local musicians in concert in 2014-2015.
- Created and presented the Celebrating Women Musicians Concert Series: Inspiring Musical Excellence Through Positive Role Models. Featuring elite local musicians.
- Hosted hundreds of concert goers and connected them through our intimate venue and our encouragement for the musicians to mingle with the audience and educate them about the music they are presenting.
- Promoted artists through social media channels and encouraged the presentation of new works.
With your involvement, you will encourage not just a love for music, but a respect for the dedication, motivation, confidence, and excellence that come with being musically minded. Music has the power to draw out emotions, change lives, and even enhance cognitive functions. At the Academy, our whole team–staff, instructors, students, interns, board members, volunteers, neighbors, parents, concert goers and renters all work together to build an environment where people can connect with one another through music performance, education and appreciation. When you get involved in our organization, you are not just enhancing your own life but also helping to enrich the arts in our community. Join us today to not only add enjoyment to your own life, but also to make a powerful investment in the vitality and creativity of our community!